Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Prosper In Purpose: Build your Blueprint with a Business Plan

Posted on
  • 12 June 2014
  • by
  • Unknown
  • in
  • Labels: , ,

  • It's finally happening.

    I have wanted to sit down for a while now to blog about the importance of a plan. Not only for life, but for your creative goals. This post is probably so overdue in part due to me learning the value of a plan in my own life and business prior to sharing a "how to" with others. I believe experience is the best teacher and like my beloved shero Maya Angelou said " If you get, give. If you learn, teach." So based on my journey, I would like to share with you a few ideas on how to get your dreams on paper and start moving in the name of purpose.

    Let's start with my life example. I have the attention span of a young child. I was the kid that would be playing store, Barbies, and coloring simultaneously. During college, I was always reading up on a handful of careers and successful start ups while working, which eventually turned into blogging. My multi tasking is a result of never being fully fulfilled by a job, and I've been working since 14. Fast forward to 25 and you can catch me everyday working on a series of tasks throughout the day, for my professional career, personal life and my side hussles.


    May was a month of huge reflection for me with respect to where I want to take my life. Clearly to the next level, but I needed to get more specific. Between reading books on a number of creative entrepreneurs, diving into a several creative passion projects, as well as being the child of two extremely intelligent and structured parents- I began to see my purpose a little clearer.

    I realized it will take some serious self work, discipline and structure to get my plans going. The passion has always been there. Oh yeah, and to focus on one thing at a time. If you could only see my daily to do lists! It resembles your mom's family party grocery shopping list. The last few months have taught me, my lists were unrealistic. Since I have yet to fully launch my personal passion project to the world.

    A plan needed to be in place for me to build off of in small tasks daily so by week's end I could accomplish a significant amount of work, without being burned out. Starting your own business- is a lot of work,; space it out and get it done.

    My creative business goals include launching an E boutique and hand crafted personal care line by summer's end. I also want to include jewelry in the future, but to get things rolling I have to start somewhere. Since I began reading and creating soap and lotion recipes, I've found a new area of interest and passion. This is great, but as my poppa bear taught me when I was young, you always need a plan. So, instead of keeping my new craft in the "play zone" I opted to take it to the next level with a plan.


    I made some quiet time and began researching business plan templates. There are so many formats to chose from! If your ideas are still in the incubator, try out the one page business plan strategy mentioned in $100 Start Up by . It is a good way to get focused on what is moving you on the inside, and you are always able to edit in new details as they come. If you have been thinking on your venture for a while, I suggest spending time in your local library looking through business planning books .

    My first draft of a business plan was created by writing out the different sections and going back and filling in the areas I had answers for. Personally I do my best writing the old fashion way- with a pen and paper, but do what inspires you organically. You are creating your "baby's" birth certificate and life plan- take your time. Walk away and come back, perhaps free write for intervals of 3 minutes answering some critical thinking questions about your company. What need will your company cater to? Who will be your target customer? Where will they live? How much will it cost you to get your venture off the ground. Will you need a permit or license in order to operate? What type of business structure are you interested in having. You will be amazed how quickly your plan comes together.

    The beauty of a business plan is that it does not have to be perfect right away. Entrepreneurs know, new ideas are always popping up. When they do, update your plan. The point is to have a plan. What is your dream? You can create a plan without knowing your company's logo. Allow yourself to get your purpose on paper. If you need some resources to help you get started I found these few sites quite helpful.

    Websites:
    SBA- Small Business Association
    Entreprenuer.com

    Books:

    Once you complete your first draft, exhale -it should feel great to have the visual, written, typed, plan to manifest your purpose. More tips to come :). Let me know how your planning session goes in the comments below.


    Follow on Bloglovin

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    Copyright 2012-2013 Haute Hemisphere