Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Boss Blogger: Mecca Nuri of StyledOutLoud



An engaging personality is contagious. As a blogger, I feel it is important to be confident as well as approachable as blogging has become just as much business as fun. For my newest series, Boss Bloggers, I scour the world to find brilliant minds successfully building their blogs and brands from the bottom with the final destination at the top. Mecca Nuri of StyledOutLoud is . . other than amazing, a blogger, freelance stylist and business consultant. With a blogging resume which began in 2008,  she is an amazing resource to those building their brands, as well as those needing some styling assistance. With a new project in the works and success in her blood, Boss Blogger appropriately sums up her style.



HH: Please introduce yourself. What led you into fashion blogging and styling?
MN: Hi there! I’m Mecca Nuri - freelance wardrobe stylist and business consultant. I began blogging in 2008 for pure fun and enjoyment. Once I started becoming serious and more involved in styling, everything sort of fell into place; I knew that blogging would be the forefront of my new business.

HH: Name the top three styling suggestions you give your clients. How do you think one develops their own personal style ? 
MN:1) Dress for yourself. My personal clients tend to think they have to look a certain way in order to be fashionable. All that talk is for the birds - stay true to thyself!

2) Have fun with fashion, but be realistic. In other words, remember to understand your particular body type before shopping for “risky” pieces. A comfortable you = a happier you.

3.) Learn to invest in solids. Prints and patterns come and go, but solids are always great to have in the closet.


HH: Tell us about Mecca Nuri Consulting. 
MN: Ah. I am geeked for this new endeavor. MNC is a start-up company in consulting/business services - specializing in the arts. We aim to help designers, artists/artisans and musicians solidify their goals and achieve the desired effect on their brand. Website coming soon!

HH: What have you learned about yourself since becoming a blogger? Why do you enjoy it; how have you grown your blog since inception?
MN: I have learned a lot. One of the main lessons learned would be to stop comparing myself to other bloggers/stylists. It doesn’t help to feel envious of someone else’s work when I should be taking the time to better my own. I enjoy blogging because it allows me to engage with readers and they can understand my point-of-view when it comes to fashion and the arts.

HH: Fashion blogging has become its own little industry. What advice can you share that has helped you grow? 
MN: As a blogger you have total control over your content. Some tend to forget that, and they go off into different directions trying to satisfy everyone at once. Not everyone is going to love your blog; get used to it and continue to engage those who are reading your blog by keeping a simple niche.

HH: How do you personally define success? How will you know you have made your dreams into reality. 
MN: I define success as being confident in your craft. There is always room to grow, so try to stay abreast of what’s new and happening in your particular industry. You know you’ve made your dreams become realities when you go all out to pursue what makes you full of joy. I’ve reached that point, and I couldn’t be more happy!

HH: What's next for Mecca Nuri? Where can we follow you and StyledOutLoud?
MN: I try to pace myself within each project and endeavor but aside from the blog, styling and my consulting business, I am looking into taking some classes to better my public speaking and hosting skills. Why? Eventually I would like to become an on-air personality or a t.v. style expert! I have a quirky, bubbly personality - why not?

Follow me Facebook, Twitter and Instagram: (@)MNuriConsulting

www.styledoutloud.com Have any questions? Email directly:  styledoutloud@gmail.com!

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comments:

Unknown said...

love your shorts <3
check out my latest post: http://www.fashionglow.ro/?p=3132
www.fashionglow.ro

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2012-2013 Haute Hemisphere