Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Jewelry For Dreamers : Beads ByAree

Posted on
  • 23 September 2012
  • by
  • Unknown
  • in
  • Labels: ,


  • As an accessories lover, I am constantly searching for earthy and organic pieces. Metal, wood and stones are always in high demand for my jewelry collection. My quest  led me to Beads Byadree.  A line designed for the self proclaimed dreamer, Areeayl is queen of abstract shapes and metal manipulation. Check her out , she makes beautiful body chains, earrings and necklaces. Each piece is passionately created, and work great with a simple wardrobe. Thank me later!

    HH:You have a very "earthy aura". When shopping what type of pieces are you attracted to?
    AG: 
    Thank you! I’m really attracted to odd pieces, raw materials I don’t see everyday. This is why I had a BALL shopping in the largest bead market in the world in Ghana. I’m not into glitter, metaphorically or literally, I prefer to show beauty with color and shape, not luster.

    HH:How does jewelry play a part in your personal style ?
    AG:
    I’m very simple, believe it or not. The artistic quality of Beads Byaree paired with a nice simple dress (like from Ekineyo, American Apparel, Boxing Kitten) is the best ever.

    HH;When did your love for jewelry begin ? What led to starting Beads by Aree?
    AG:
    When I was sixteen, I went to a craft store with my mom, I bought earring hooks and wire out of curiosity to see what I could make from it. My first earring read my name “Areeayl”. They were a hit in high school.

    Beads Byaree started while I was a junior at Howard University. I hadn’t touched my jewelry equipment in four years, due to focusing on my concentration in Acting. I began again randomly one day in my dorm room, inspired by a new Kanye West album and using the medium of the jewelry materials (wire etc) to express this inspiration.

    My friends loved and bought all of the pieces and as people around campus saw them wearing such different pieces, the word spread. Beads Byaree grew out of demand, I just had to name it lol.

    HH: How would you define your jewelry's aesthetic ?
    AG
    : I always say Beads Byaree is for the dreamers. Whomever they may be. Our pieces are so whimsical that it connects with the free people all over the world. The artists/risk takers of the world.

    HH:Describe your signature technique ?
    AG:
    Abstract shapes are definitely a signature of mine. There is a lot of swirling and whirling.

    HH: What inspires Areeayl?
    AG:
    Music. More than anything. When I’m down, there is music for that. When I need motivation, there is a song for that. When I’m pumped up and need something to be pumped up with me there is a playlist for that. I feel like music is one of the most powerful teachers/influencers.

    HH: What's next for Beads By Aree?
    AG:
    The takeover. Looking forward to fashion weeks everywhere. Also, building a reputation in couture jewelry. I plan to keep helping women around the world with our benefit “Love for the Congo” line as well as finding other ways. Traveling and speaking with children about entrepreneurship are also some of my present happenings and future goals.

    HH: Where can we follow you ?
    AG:
    Shop: www.beadsbyaree.com
    You can follow us on :
    Twitter and Instagram: @beadsbyaree.
    Facebook: www. Facebook.com/beadsbyaree
    Tumblr: wwwbeadsbyaree.tumblr.com











    1 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I bought some earrings from her more than a month ago! She took the money and never sent me the item!! I sent her I do not know how many emails to have an answer from her and get my money back. She never answered, blocked me to prevent me to send her other messages.... SHE TAKES YOUR MONEY AND NEVER SEND YOUR PURCHASE!!! BE WARNED!!!

    Post a Comment

     
    Copyright 2012-2013 Haute Hemisphere