Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Mosaic Madness: Philadelphia's Magic Gardens

Posted on
  • 24 September 2012
  • by
  • Unknown
  • in
  • Labels: , , , , ,
  • On my last trip home, me and my best friend Latrice spent some time in Philly on South Street. For those unfamiliar with the area, South Street is a set of blocks filled with  bars, restaurants and boutiques.  While walking and engaged in deep conversation , we past by a wall that caught my eye. I backed up to look closer . My bestest , a Philly native,  explained, artist Isaiah Zagar created the wall. She went on to tell me about  Philly's Magic Gardens. "A fully tiled indoor space and a massive outdoor mosaic sculpture garden that spans half a block on Philadelphia's famous South Street." The wall was incredible. I had to learn more. 


    Thanks to the Magic Gardens website, I was able to learn so much about this amazing artist and his mosaics that lie throughout Philadelphia. I'll be home in the next few months, trust and believe, the Magic Gardens is one of my first stops. 


    "Open to visitors daily, PMG has become a unique Philadelphia destination, hosting year-round, low-cost public programs within its own distinctive venue and the surrounding community. PMG, a nonprofit organization, inspires creativity and community engagement by educating the public about folk, mosaic, and visionary art."-Philadelphia Magic Gardens Website
    By:Gabe Kirchheimer


    By:Gabe Kirchheimer



    See pictures of 'Magic Beyond the Gardens Gala 2012' here!! 

    1 comments:

    Joe Moody said...

    Awesome. This is the work of a true artist.

    Post a Comment

     
    Copyright 2012-2013 Haute Hemisphere