Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks

Book Nook: #GirlBoss

Posted on
  • 22 May 2014
  • by
  • Unknown
  • in
  • Labels: , , , ,

  • I've always considered myself a boss.

    It's one of my favorite words, and one of my future job titles. Being a boss is more work than it sometimes seems. I love reading about bosses and the journey they endured to get to the place they are today. I really like stories about girl bosses or those who defeated some type of odd.

    A few years ago while in the planning stages of my blog, I would chat daily with my coworkers (my NC family ) about my ideas and how to turn them into a blog, and then a store. My former assistant manager, Kathryn, suggested reading up on Nasty Gal founder Sophia Amoruso. She said my Indie angle and the content I was interested in sharing on my blog reminded her a little of Nasty Gal's story. I looked into her suggestion and was inspired by Sophia's story of Ebay success.

    Fast forward about three years and stop. A week ago I was searching for new boss type books to add to my collection and there it was. It was signaling me to click the title link "Girlboss by Sophia ". Thoughts of our dream job chats hit me in an instant and before I knew it- Girlboss was delivered to my Kindle.

    Can I just tell you, I have not been able to put this book down since starting. Sophia possesses the realest story telling skills, as she chronicles her life and the life of Nasty Gal since inception on ebay in 2006. She doesn't preach, she prepares the reader, who is clearly a girlboss herself, for the journey she is about to or has already begun on the path to creativeprenuership. Awesome business insight is provided, with so many giggles in between. Sophia is the kick in the ass us Girlbosses need to step up and build our businesses. Halfway through the book I decided I would love to be best friends with her, but until then I will cradle her book near and dear to me. As I make my dreams happen. 

    If you are a young lady with big dreams- I'm not suggesting picking up a copy, I'm advising you to. Have an internal conversation with the Girlboss of a multimillion dollar company, who started with a MySpace and Ebay account. She works hard, she is bold, creative, determined and now one of my favorite Girlbosses around. Pick up her book, read it and give your inspired rant below- trust me, you will have one by the end. Then check out Nasty Gal for yourself, if you are not already a fan . . . you will be.

    Take a second while on the site to appreciate what Prosper In Purpose looks like. You are next !! Happy reading!


    Photo Credit:NYT

    Follow on Bloglovin

    1 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Yes!! Currently reading! Phenomenal approach and great content! Definitely a coffee table book every GIRLBOSS, or aspiring one, should have in their collection.

    Post a Comment

     
    Copyright 2012-2013 Haute Hemisphere